Thursday 8 February 2018

De Dutch - B.C. Restaurant Serves Great Food and Entertains Young Customers

We got back to Vancouver and spent our last night there before heading back to Toronto.

Vancouver Train/ Bus Terminal, British Columbia, Canada
Our friend came to pick us up from the Vancouver terminal. Smaller in size and scale, but grand and magnificent,  the Vancouver terminal reminded me of the Grand Central Station in New York City. It is a gorgeous building!

The next morning, our friends took us to have breakfast at De Dutch.















We always like to try different food from different cultures and countries.

This place has a good reputation of serving delicious Dutch food.










I like the decor of this restaurant too.













This old fashion style teapot reminded me of the movie
" Beauty and the Beast"!






We tried the restaurant's famous dish - Pannekoeken,  made from the secret family recipe bought to Canada by a Dutch immigrant.








Pannekoeken is Dutch pancake, nice and thin,  similar to French crepes.

I ordered the sweet pancake with bananas and walnuts; Jeannie had bananas and strawberries with cream.


Andrew and my husband ordered the savoury pancakes with mushrooms, vegetable and chicken.

The pancakes melt in my mouth, delicious!






I saw a young couple leaving with their toddler at the next table.  There were some nice toy cars and trucks on their table. I ran up to tell them that they left their kid's toy cars behind.

Politely, they informed me that these toys were from the restaurant, used to entertain their young son while they were eating.

How thoughtful was that! I wish we had a restaurant like De Dutch in Toronto when our kids were young. It would have been a very pleasant dining experience for them!

R.T.
De Dutch Restaurant
Richmond
British Columbia
Canada


No comments:

Post a Comment