Monday 28 August 2017

Holding Back Tears on the Last Teaching Day in Guangxi, China

The school where we taught for 2 weeks in China


Everything has to come to an end. Today was the last day of our teaching assignment in this remote part of Guangxi.







I love these kids in China!


Though we only knew the students for barely two weeks, there was a bond between us and I have fallen hopelessly in love with these wonderful innocent teenagers.

 I was wondering how I could go through the day without feeling too emotional; I was afraid that I could break down and cry in front of these teens.

One of the goals of our teaching team was to teach these teens English in a fun way. Therefore, we tried to play at least one game each day with the students. We played "Honey, I love you and please smile for me." game and the students loved it.

This morning we played we divided the class into two teams and played the game - Taboo in the morning with them. Again, there was so much fun! The students were competitive and everyone took part enthusiastically in the game. How I wish all my students were like these ones in Canada. There was very few disciplinary issues, almost none and we could just focus on good teaching. I totally enjoyed teaching in China.

After the games, we gave students some time to finish their letter to us and boy, did they take this task seriously, especially a few of the boys who immersed themselves in the tasks and were fiercely busy writing their letters.

In the afternoon, our last afternoon together, we ordered a cake and some treats and had a little class party to celebrate our time together. Honbria ordered a cake and Ingram picked in up on his electrical bike. How about that!

Everyone loved the cake and students came forward and gave us their thank you letter and hugs.  They were also really good in helping us to clean up and put all the desks and chairs back to where they were. I was especially impressed by the boys such as Ingram who made sure all the things we put around the classroom and on the blackboard were removed completely and cleanly. I appreciated that a lot!














F. worked very hard on his letter. He went with Ingram to a computer shop and got some pictures printed out so that he could give them to me with his letter. He made a special trip to where we were staying and delivered them to me in person. I was deeply touched by that!  Each letter I received from my students told me how they appreciated my teaching and class. Thinking how much I would miss them, I was glad that I did not break down and sob in front of these kids.

Class Three Students in Guangxi, good bye and may God bless you!

R.T.
Guangix, China 

No comments:

Post a Comment