Sunday 27 August 2017

Closing Ceremony of Our Summer English Program in Guangxi, China

Wednesday – Closing ceremony



The Closing Ceremony of the Summer English Program was held after school at 6:30pm. The students spent sometime writing their thank you letter to us. Frutz was really working hard, pouring his energy and efforts into writing his letter to us., I have never seen him working so hard.















Christina gave a speech on behalf of our class at the Closing Ceremony
At the Closing Ceremony, a student representative from each class and the classroom teachers took turn to go up on the stage to speak.

There were nine classes altogether; consequently, there were nine groups of speakers. But each group was different and time did not drag on at all. It went really fast.

When it was Honbria and my turn to go up onto the stage, Frutz organized the whole class to scream out: We love u; it was touching.









At the end of the all the speeches, the Canadian teachers sang a song for the students and taught them how to sing this song in Mandarin too.

After the closing ceremony the students took us out to a little cafe in the neighbourhood. There were about 12 or 14 of us. We went up to the loft part of the cafe, and the students ordered a few ice desserts for us to share.  It was my first time trying these ice cold desserts. They were delicious. I have been to Asia a few times and I avoided having any food or drinks with ice for fear that I would get sick. The one time I did in Cambodia, I was very sick. But thankfully,  the first time I had shaving ice dessert in China, I was fine without any problem at all!!!!

It was so good to have some fun social time with my students. I enjoyed this time tremendously!

R.T.
Guangxi, China

No comments:

Post a Comment