Saturday 2 August 2014

The Strong Museum of Play, Rochester, New York State

The Strong Museum of Play, Rochester, NY.



I have been an educator in Ontario, Canada for the past thirty some years.











I have always loved my work  and enjoyed the interaction with children and young people.







Outdoor playground across from The Strong Museum





I am a big kid at heart!  During our travels, I am drawn to anything that is related to kids or education.







Carousel inside the Strong Museum





Therefore, I was really excited when we saw the Strong Museum of Play in Rochester!

How cool is that? A museum for play!!! I love the sound of it totally! 









We went inside to the museum and wanted to learn about this museum of play!



Discovery Garden

Due to time constraint, we wnt inside the museum to take a look without spending much time there.

However, we did visit the Discovery Garden outside the front entrance and spent some time to explore this beautiful place..










This garden is colourful, inviting, fun and  educational.






Fairly Folk Village






 My most favourite part of the Discovery Garden was the Fairy Folk Village!













It  has certainly been designed to delight the kids and capture their imagination.






Add caption




I love wood!

 I have a passion to learn how to use recycled material  and  make them into something beautiful.









I was delighted when I saw the Fairly Folk Village and observed how some wood stumps, branches and stones were made into such cute decorative things for the Discovery Garden!






A whimsy little village


Grown ups like the games as well as kids!


Grown up folks were as much mesmerized by this cute little village, toys and games in the garden as the kids!









One of the Hands on activities for kids to explore




One of our team members could not resist the attractive games and tried her hands at one of these games and had fun with it.

I could see her having fun with her grandson in this garden!

















The Discovery Garden is a hands on place that encourages children to think, see and smell  the flowers plants,  and to observe insects and the  little living things that share our green space.









Visitors, both young and old can explore the garden actively and learn a lot about living things.










Or if one would prefer, one can simply sit, rest and reflect on the beauty of this garden!

R.T.
Discovery Garden
The Strong Museum of Play
Rochester
NY State, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment