Wednesday 14 May 2014

A Morning Walk to the Hill of Calabogie Peak

Our second morning at the resort



The resort where we are staying
We decided that we would sleep in until whenever time we would wake up naturally.













Rosie was kind enough to let me sleep and I was the last to get up.











After breakfast, W., Xiao and I went out for a walk to the top of the hill while Rosie and Mom took  a stroll around the resort.















Dickson Manor, Calabogie Resort seen from the top of the hill

My family and I are Nordic skiers and we try to ski every year. But I have never walked up to a ski hill in the off season.












This was the first time! The view from the top of the hill was worth all the efforts!











We could see the entire area and the buildings below look like little houses from a fairly tale book.







It took us a couple of hours climbing up and coming back down. It was a great exercise and we could skip our weekly exercise program for this week while we are on holidays!

R.T.
Calabogie Peaks

No comments:

Post a Comment