Sunday 20 April 2014

God's Way is Higher than Our Way!


Friday, January 17, 2014

I went to my Zumba class at Victoria Terrace and had a really good work out there. This was the first time I went to a Friday evening class and there was a new instructor named Michael.

Michael is a fantastic Zumba instructor! I think he must have been a dancer all his life because his movements were fluid, and graceful while his Zumba exercise class routines were more like carefully choreographed dance presentations. I just loved the class and sweated a lot there.

It was around 1a.m. when I was about to wrap up my activities and get ready for bed. I got a text from E.. but I could not open it, therefore, I texted him and asked if he sent me a message to which he asked if he could call me. E.. then called me and asked if we could postpone or change our pending trip to S.F.  I asked him why and he told me: " I have been laid off today by my company."

It was so shocking for me; I could imagine how shocking that was for him!  How could it be? He just moved across states from New York to California. His company, having spent thousands of dollars to move him, sending him to Japan for training. He found an apartment,  a room mate, furnished it and  just settled in. How unfair and unfortunate this was for him - an educated, ethical,  hardworking individual with the skills, competency and integrity to  always carry out his responsibilities to the fullest and to the best of his abilities.

I was very sad for him. I could not find the words to describe how sad I felt for my first born.
Everything seemed to fade away and  a heavy burden has been placed in my heart.

God, I have prayed hard and cried in front of you about this job.This was the job you gave to Er. after my fervent prayers, your answer and gift to my prayers in tears.How could you give your children something and then take it back so quickly - after just 5 months?

I really don't understand what's happening. But God, I want to claim your promises and your faithfulness to  your children and to those who believe in YOU!

I know your ways are higher than mine, God, and your wisdom is far greater than I could understand. But I refuse to curse your name. I just keep trusting in you, your infinite wisdom, your mercy, your love and your protection.

God, please help both E. and Y. in their life journeys and bless them with your blessings and what you think is the best for them. I surrender our two sons to you, Lord!

In Christ's name, I pray.

P.S, I cried and prayed to God to show mercy to Er and help Y to find direction as to what they should do. Y. and I talked a few days later on Jan. 22, the night before we went to Arizona and told me that he decided to go back to teaching!!! Praise God! Y came up with this himself. God, I pray that you please look after him and give him perseverance to follow through his plans!

 A few weeks later, we skped E. one evening. It was funny how he just let us talk and told him a Chinese story regarding horses and tigers. He waited till the very end to tell us that he got two job offers, one in S.F. and another one in Calgary/ Praise God! For answering our prayers!

Er. was home for a little more than two weeks in Toronto until April 10 before he started his new job in S,F. He has not spent that much time at home for a long time. It was great!

 April 7, 2014

Y. was very happy as he got his work visa in Korea! He called Stan and me right away as soon as he got the permit. Praise God for giving him the opportunity to start a new job in a new country! God, please keep him on the right path, help him to build positive relationship at work and in your
 kingdom; help him to do his best and protect him! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment