Sunday, 2 August 2026

Our Amazing Race Journey in Greece!

Today was a hectic day for us in Kavala, Greece, as my hubby said with a great sense of humor ‘ This felt like an amazing race!" The morning started out very well as we had a delicious and healthy breakfast at our hotel.
We walked from the hotel to the Kavala Fortress enjoying the coastal scenery of the beautiful city of Kavala.

 

  However, having spent too much time taking pictures and enjoying the scenery on our way up the hill, we could only do a quick tour of the castle and had to rush down the short cut to the bottom of the hill.

 

At the half way point and thinking of getting back to our hotel faster, S. used the UBER app. on his cell to order a cab but the taxi never came. We ended up wasting more time waiting for the UBER to arrive. Sadly, this was the second time it happened to us in Greece - calling for an UBER which never arrived. Hurriedly, we raced back on foot to our hotel at around 2 p.m .

  After retrieveing our luggage and asking the hotel front desk to call a taxi taking us to the bus station. We told the driver that we were in a big hurry to catch the bus at 3p.m. He was very understanding and doing his best to get us there. As soon as we reached the bus terminal, I ran to the ticket window and asked when the next bus to Thessaloniki would be.

  " In 1 minute! Your ticket please! " the ticket lady replied loud and clear. We bought our return tickets days ahead but I was not able to find them! I searched through my purse, my wallet and the pockets in my pants. I couldn't located them.

  " Hurry up! Buy your tickets. You may miss your bus!" The ticket lady urged me.

  Feeling the heat and sweating all over, I kept praying and searching through all our belongings. Where were these darn return tickets?

  Thank God! I finally found our two bus tickets folded carefully in my cell phone wallet. We rushed to the bus driver, handed them over and got on the bus just before it left!

 

Because we made it just in time for the Thessaloniki bus, which took about 2 ½ hour from Kavala to Tessa, we were able to make the next connection and caught the 5:30 PM bus from Thessaloniki to Athens. Thank God!
Breathing a sigh of relief, we settled into our seat and tried to calm our nerves. My husband and I looked at each other and he said with a big smile on his face, " Dear, how do you like our amazing race in Greece so far?"

  Letting out a big laugh, I replied," We made it!" By the time we arrived back to Athens, it was way past 11:30 pm and we were exhausted!

  RT, Just made it to the Bus going to Thessaloniki Kavala Bus Terminal, Kavala, Greece

No comments:

Post a Comment