Sunday 11 August 2024

Memorable Moments on Maho Beach in St Martin/ Sint Maarteen

I was in St Martin recently and spent a few days with my best girl friend. Though not a big island, St Martin is an island divided between two different countries, namely France and Netherland. The northern part of the island belongs to France and is called St. Martin while the southern part of the island belongs to Netherland and is called Sint Maarteen. When I was there, I stayed on the Dutch side of the island - Sint Maarteen.
St. Martin/ Sint Maarteen is famous for its numerous sandy beaches
I enjoyed my vacation on Sint Maarteen and had a few memorable moments there:
1. Going to the beach and soaking in the ocean water, floating on my floater, relaxing with Lil and her new friend. We met a young jewllery artist selling his work on the beach to pay for his travels.
2. Visiting the Caribbean International Academy's art class and admiring some of the beautiful and creative artowrk produced by the students there.
!!
3. Experiencing the planes taking off and flying in on the Maho Beach near the Princess Julianna Airport. The planes were flying so low that they almost touched our heads! So exciting! Apparently thousands of tourists visit the Maho Beach each year for this extraordinary experience. RT, Sint Maarteen 052024 I also learned a few interesting things about the island of St Martaan

No comments:

Post a Comment