Thursday 25 July 2024

Keeping Connected and Celebrating My Best Friend's Birthday in His Bellville Retirement Home

As we get older, we gradually come to the realization that the most precious things we have in this world is not necessarily our material possessions, but the relationships we have cultivated over the years. I have been fortunate as I have made some good friends over the course of my teaching career in Canada.Eact time as I started working at a new workplace I have always been fortunate to be connected with a nice person who eventually becomes one of my good friends. HP is one of my best friends whom I befriended when I was teaching in a school near the Ontario Science Centre.
Though we both have retired more than a decade ago, we have managed to keep in touch with each other. We visited regularly and are able to support and have fun together in our retirement years. HP moved to a smaller town about two hours from Toronto, but we still visit him at least two to three times a year. It was his birthday in April, we took the drive and celebrated with him and his new friends at his new home. Yes, we both have grown older but we still are very good friends and share each other's joy and sorrows.
I am not a baker, but I did it for my friend, HP. For his birthday, I baked two cakes using two packages of cake mixes and then I put them together as one cake and decorated it with some chcoclate rolls. Voila, a custom made birthday cake for my best friend. We had a blast visiting HP and celebrated his birthday with him. RT, Bellville, Ontario, Canada 15042024

No comments:

Post a Comment