Tuesday 27 February 2024

Precious Time Spent with Loved Ones in Georgian Bay Area and Other Places

Modern day lives are busy1 We are busy running around each day focuing on fulfilling our daily needs and working to complete our obligations. Thoough being retired, I am amazed at how fast times goes and how little I could accomplish on a daily basis unless I follow a regimented strict schedule. But who would want to follow such a strict daioy timetable after working hard for thirty to forty years. Last fall we attended our best friends' daughter's wedding and we had such fun catching up that it reminded me of the wonderful time we used to have.
Unless one makes a conscientious efforts to connect with our loved ones regularly, we can easily lose touch with them. I am mindful of this fact as I could easily not meeting up with my close friends and loved ones for months at a time. Fortunately, we have some quality time to look forwward with our loved ones at our timeshare for a week every so often. Last fall, we did just that. We invited our retired minister and a couple who could really need sometime to be away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Being at our timeshare at Collingwood is a refreshing time for our souls and a time when we can rejuvenate ourselves. We thanked God for this place everytime we were there! Other needy and younger family members could also use some help and encouragment from the older members of the family. My sis and I try our best to support them as well.
A
Also, E. came home a couple of times for a weekend last fall and we went to see a baseball game and spent some family time together!
My best friends moved out of the city to another town and we hadn't seen each other for a little while. So we packed our bag and visited them for a few days and went to see my teacher friend in Bellville, Ontario.
We enjoyed our catching up time so much with two old friends that we visited another long lost friend and my sis who moved to Hamilton a oucple of years ago. RT Toronto, Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment