Tuesday 20 June 2023

Living Out Our Faith on Fathers' Day

Living Out Our Faith on Fathers' Day

Our first day together in Miami with our son. The first thing we did in the morning was praying hard that the test would come out favorably for us.

We were supposed to go on a cruise this afternoon, But before boarding the cruise ship, we tested ourselves in the hotel. My husband was tested -ve but disappointedly, I was tested positive. We had a family discussion in the hotel patio n looked at all the options. 

1. I definitely would not go to the cruise.

2. My husband and E. could go since everything was paid for and it was not cheap.

3. We could cancel and would go on another cruise as a family together.

 We decided honesty is the best practice and we should do the right thing. Since I was tested +ve,  we called the cruise company n cancelled our trip. So disappointed!

We were surprised that it was not an requirement for passengers boarding the cruise ship to provide any -ve COVID proof. It was an honest system. This was a test of our faith. As Christians, we have to live out our faith even though it is not to our advantage.   Though I was completely symptoms free, I could have gone and no one would know. 

We wanted to do the right thing. Because all my friends who went on their cruise all tested +ve afterwards. If  we boarded the ship, I would definitely spread Covid to others passengers. My husband and our son could have gone as they were clear. But the family decided to cancel the whole cruise.

We reported to the cruise company - Virgin Voyage, the truth.

Fortunately, for us, Virgin agreed to give us credit on the next cruise!
Thank God for that!

RT
Miami, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment