Monday 6 June 2022

Visiting My Mom at the Mon Sheong Long Term Care Home in Ontario

While it is possible to do so, I love visiting my mom at her long term nursing home not too far from Toronto.
It is great to see a big smile on Mom's face! While many seniors have been waiting for a long time to be admitted to a quality long term home, some people can be admitted without such prolonged waiting period. People like my mother, with debilitating illnesses such as stroke, heart attack, dimentia etc which have reduced them to a life of dependence, belong to another category.
Since these seniors are unable to care for themselves, they will be considered as priority cases and be admitted sooner.
We are grateful to Mon Sheong Long Term Care Centre providing my mom with a beautiful, excellent environemnt, good care team and fantastic recreation staff who would even do one on one daily visit when my mom was isolated during the COVID outbreak at the facility.
My sister created a chat group where we share our mom's health infomration daily. Our older brother has been in charge of our daily visiting schedule submitted to the Admin team on Thursdays. Things are not perfect, but we are glad that our mom is being looked after at a modern, top notch facility with a great staff!
Thank you, Mon Sheong ! R.T. Toronto Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment