Monday 25 November 2019

Enjoying an Austrian Lunch with My Mom at My Favourite Restaurant, Unionville, Markham

Main Street, Unionville, Markham, Ontario


Though in her 90's, my mom is still an active person. She is in fair physical shape, going for her exercises two times a week. There is nothing she loves more than spending time with her children and enjoying the outdoors.









 General Store in Unionville, Markham, Ontario



In Canada, we need to make use and enjoy every good sunny weather day.  We have a very busy schedule each week as we are commuting between two cities now. However, we do pay attention to the weather report, as soon as there is a nice day, we take advantage of it and hit outdoors.

There was such a day recently. We took my mom out and strolled on the Main Street of Unionville, one f the prettiest areas in the Greater Toronto Area.  My mom loved it!





Mom enjoying a fine fall day on Main St., Unionville






Pushing her walker, my mom enjoyed the nice fine autumn weather, strolling and visiting different shops. It was a pleasure being outdoors!















My favourite restaurant in Unionville - Old Country Inn



We had lunch at my favourite restaurant in Markham, the Old Country Inn.

I was so glad that the restaurant is still around! This restaurant serves one of the finest Austrian dishes I know in the GTA.














We enjoy taking my mom out and trying out different food from around the world.

 My mom is also an open minded person willing to try new dishes.








Eating in the same restaurant where I visited years before brought back those wonderful memories of my younger energetic days and precious time spent with my best friend.

My best friend has been my strongest and loyalist supporter and fan for the past three decades.

We enjoyed the meals at this restaurant on numerous occasions.


Over lunches, I often poured out my heart to my best friend about my ambitions,  joy and fears of the challenges facing me.

Though we both are retired, not able to see each other often, the bond between us is still strong.  I am grateful forever to have my best friend standing beside me while I was struggling my way up the corporate ladder.

Thank you DM, for your love, great support and kindness over the years. There is always a special spot in my heart for you!









R.T.
Old Country Inn
Markham, Ontario

No comments:

Post a Comment