Sunday 15 September 2019

Day 7 Cruise - Learning to Play a Board Game On An Alaska Cruise



Day 7 - Alaska Cruise Today was a sailing day without any stop at any port of call.

However, there were quite a number of programs and activities planned for guests on the ship.
I got up and did the stretch and release class at 7:30am. There were only about 10 people taking part.

It felt great stretching my legs and arms. I always take advantage of the free and good programs while we were cruising.. 





We travelled with other bigger cruise ships before, but we enjoyed the smaller cruise ship too.

I was happy to hear our son telling us that this was beyond his expectation and he would be willing to go another one. Spending time with our family is getting more important for us as we grow older. We have got to treasure every opportunity.







We also went to the Coffee Chat with the Chief engineer and environment officer who answered a few  questions that we had about operating a cruise ship regarding its waster management and ensuring safety for crews and guests on board.
Deck 10 - Exploration Deck on the Westerdam Cruise Ship






















The best part of the day was spending time at the Exploration Deck – Deck 10, relaxing and doing something with our loved ones.












There were quite a few things to see and do on the Exploration Deck.








Tracking our course on the Exploration Deck












We could track our course and learn about our ship.



















Guests could sip drinks, and enjoy the scenery passing before their eyes.

















We could just relax, talk and watch the world go by.












There were books and board games available for guests. J. taught us how to play a board game called Catan.

 I have a few regrets in my life. As a working mom while my children were growing up, my full time career took up a lot of my time and I didn’t have a lot of time playing board games with them. Our children have always enjoyed board games even when they were about only 4 or 5 years old. Therefore, I try to play catch up now spending time in my senior years with them as much as possible. We are grateful that our own children, though busy with their lives, do find time to spend part of their vacations with us.

I am not a person who enjoy board games but I enjoyed playing this game, trying to build up my settlement and learning to trade with other game players. J. also invited another young man who seemed eager to learn to join in our games.  We had planned to attend the other entertainment offered on board today at 2 and 3p.m.








Instead we stayed at the Exploration CafĂ© and the four of us played together for the most of the afternoon. 

After the board game, we had a nice Mexican snack by the poolside.  We spent an enjoyable afternoon with our son!

We are thankful and grateful to God for our grown children everyday!

R.T.
Aboard the Westerdam
Alaska, USA 

No comments:

Post a Comment