Saturday 1 June 2019

Painting for the First Time in My Life at 105 Gibson Centre's Paint Night Program, Markham, Ontario


Paint Night at 105 Gibson Centre, Markham

105 Gibson Centre offered a series of  Paint Night events on Friday evenings


I am not an artsy person. I love music, theatre and going to shows. However, painting was one area which did not appeal to me as I did not think I have a shred of talent in art nor had I ever any opportunities of trying my hands in this subject.

Fortunately, 105 Gibson Centre recently offered a series of Paint Nights on Friday evenings.

A sample painting by the Paint Night instructor - Lillian S.
Instead of committing to a whole term or a year of painting lessons every week, interested people could sign up for a particular Paint Night when the art instructor would show the class a simple painting to be completed within that lesson. These painting projects were for beginners.

“ It is only for one night. What would I have to lose? Even if I don’t like it, I would not have to pay for the whole term and I don’t even have to invest in buying any brushes and supplies. Why not?” I thought to myself and signed up for my first ever painting lesson last fall.

Everything was ready for us when we arrived for our painting lesson
I loved my first ever painting experience! Organizers of the Paint Night at 105 Gibson Centre did a super job of organizing the class. Everything was set up by 7:30pm on the Friday evening of the class. Tables, chairs, easels, paints and brushes for all the participants were nicely set up when I arrived for the painting class. 

Soft classical music and nice songs playing in the background while we painted













What made this Paint Night special was the added touches.













A dessert and drink table was set up for Paint Night participants
At every Paint Night, soft melodious classical music and songs were softly playing in the background while a drink and dessert table was set up for participants.






The cheese cake and cookies were served at the Paint Nite



We could help themselves freely to some beverages, cheese cakes and other goodies.



I enjoyed my first painting experience tremendously at the 105 Gibson Centre's Paint Night event









Lillian S., the art instructor was kind, knowledgeable and considerate of each participant’s abilities.




The atmosphere was relaxing and the staff was helpful. Painting has always been a bit intimidating for me. My experience at the Paint Night was so positive that I am starting to develop confidence and an affinity for this subject.



The first painting piece I did was a sunset piece at 105 Gibson Centre
My first painting at the Paint Night was a sunset piece.











Cameron Lake, B.C. as captured by me in my latest painting





I enjoyed painting so much that I went back three more times after my first lesson and completed three more pieces.













My Paint Night masterpieces are proudly displayed in our Toronto home.

My paintings are  currently proudly adorning the walls in our home. Every time I look at my work, I feel proud and happy!

Paint Night at 105 Gibson Centre


Thank you, 105 Gibson Centre for organizing and offering these affordable and meaningful classes to the community. I look forward to attending more art classes in the future at the community centre!

R.T.
Paint Nights
105 Gibson Centre
105 Gibson Drive, Markham
Ontario, Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment