Saturday 1 July 2017

A Great Sleep Over and Time Spent with My Mom

We are going to be away in July and August. We have a tradition in my family; whenever we are going to be away from my parents on a long trip, we always take them out for a nice dinner and spend some time with them.

My dad passed away a few years ago but we still carry on this tradition with my mom. Because we will be away for a long time, I want to spend as much time as possible with my 91 year old mother.
I spent a night at her senior apartment last night.  Since I have been busy with my studies, my mother was happy that I would be spending time with her for the next couple of days.

Mom enjoyed the ribs and thin crust pizza at a pizza restaurant in Toronto
We took her out for dinner at a
the Boston pizza restaurant in Markham and ordered her favourite food - gourmet pizza and BBQ ribs. I always want to introduce my mom to new food so I ordered a cheesy ground beef nacho dish as well.

Mom did not like the nachos but loved the southwest pizza and the tender BBQ ribs. I am writing this down so that I will remember what to order for her next time when we dine out at the same pizza restaurant.

After taking mom out shopping at Shoppers, my husband dropped me and mom off at her place. Mom lives in a senior studio apartment and her space is limited. For any guest sleeping overnight, Mom has a special Coleman's twin high bed which can be easily inflated with an electrical pump.

How convenient it was to have a nice bed like that in a couple of minutes!

We turned off the lights and went to bed a little after 10pm. But we were like two school girls out on a sleepover camping trip as we kept talking for a couple of hours about everything. I have not had such a good enjoyable lengthy conversation with my mom for a long time.  Mom had to stop us from talking as we were planning a whole day of outing the following day.

I enjoyed the time with my mom and was glad that I made the decision of sleeping over at her place.

We spent the next day going downtown, having lunch at the Trinity Square Cafe run by a church. I was surprised that Mom at her age could still walk so well with the aid of a cane. It was another good  outing.

R.T.
Toronto

No comments:

Post a Comment