Monday 25 July 2016

A Belated Mother's Day Gift from Our Son


It is pretty exciting that we are going to China!!

We are waiting at the Pearson Airport ready for boarding. Funny, I didn’t even feel tired even though I did not sleep at all for the whole night last night!

It has been an exciting day when we called E. yesterday and talked to him before our trip.
He surprised us by sharing his good news with me via email. He sent me three attachments, two of which were his job offers from a couple of tech companies in the U.S. and the other was his resume which was impressive indeed. He‘s got a management position and has essentially moved away from his first job.  This new job he has now pays him much better, a huge % increase in salary that comes with a few perks.

Why didn’t he share with me this great news right away? It would have made a great mothers’ day present for me!  We had a good almost ½ hour conversation on skype and he hasn’t looked this happy and relaxed for a long time. 

This  is why I like calling him on Saturday when he doesn’t have to work. E. was also very excited when talking about his future business trips to Europe. His current title at the new company is some kind of a manager for a huge region. At the end of our conversation, I asked if we could pray together. Though he seemed reluctant, he agreed and we did pray together! 

Thank you God for softening our son's heart! I hope it is a sign that his attitude is slowly changing and that he would seek God and think about the eternal thing more in the future!

R.T.
Toronto



No comments:

Post a Comment