Monday 11 April 2016

How to Make a Beautiful Rose with Tissue Paper

North York Public Library is easily accessible by subway in Toronto



I am always interested in making beautiful things from inexpensive and easily available everyday household items.











Recently, I saw a flyer advertising a Rose Making Workshop in my neighbourhoold cafe. I signed up for myself and my mother to attend as I knew that she would enjoy this outing with me.

The Rose Making Workshop was held in the North York Library located on Yonge Street and Sheppard Ave. in Toronto,  easily accessible by the Toronto subway system.


North YOrk Public Library is a modern, spacious and beautiful public space
It is in fact sitting on top of the North York Centre Station on the subway system,
After church, on a nice Sunday afternoon, my mom and I attended the workshop while my husband occupied himself with the reading material in the library.

The Library has space and programs catering to different ages








The North York Public Library is a beautiful building with many sections catering readers of  different ages.



It is also a community hub where a lot of free activities and community events take place on a regular basis.



















There were a few people in the community room already engaging in the activity. We just loved what we saw on display!
















Wow!!! Such beautiful life like flower arrangements all made out of paper!














My mom and I were really motivated to learn how to make these gorgeous flowers with paper!








To make a rose, we started with a strip of green tissue paper and a wire for stem.


We needed to glue the green tissue paper to cover the entire piece of thin wire.








When this was done, we were given  a strip of read tissue paper cut from a red paper napkin!

We wrapped this red strip of paper at the top of the wire, carefully not making it too tight as it resembled the bud of the rose.









Using a pattern given by our instructor,  we used the same red napkin, traced, and cut out the petals.













We used a little bit of glue and attached the petals one by one onto the stem with the red rose bud we just formed.















We kept adding each petal to build up the layers of the rose. Slowly, the tissue paper petals were transformed into a life like rose in front of our eyes!







After we finished building the rose with different layers, we used a few green leaves also cut from tissues paper.

My mom enjoyed the outing and this rose making workshop.

When she was happy; I was happy too!

R.T.
North York Public Library
Toronto, Canada


























2 comments:

  1. Hello, I like your blog. Following me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Francine. I appreciate your comments too. Please don't hesitate to let me know what you think about my pieces and what you would be interested to read. I will try my best to write about these topics.

      Delete