Thursday 5 June 2014

Ideas for Beautiful Container Gardening

Habourfront, Toronto




I love gardening! It is my most favourite activity to do.
In my younger days, I would spend days and hours planting flowers in our backyard when springs come and the danger of frost was over.

I often saw flower containers but never really appreciate them before.  Now that my energy is limited, I have come to appreciate and enjoy the convenience and beauty of what container gardening can add to gardens.







Distillery District, Toronto













I enjoy taking pictures of container flowers in my travel so that I can learn how to plant my own in my garden.

Assisi, Italy




Italy






For those who are looking for ideas for container flowers, I hope these pictures will give you some ideas.



Harbourfront, Toronto, Canada


Downtown Toronto



















 Distillery District, Toronto, Ontario















Bracebridge, Ontario, Canada




Birch trees are quite popular in Canada. Even after they are cut down, the branches are used in many ways to make beautiful decorations for homes and gardens.

Using birch branches and twigs, the native people in Canada make beautiful garden decorations.

Birch branches are also used often in container gardens such as this one.
Plants in containers decorated this church arches in Assisi,  Italy



Cacti Container, Phoenix, USA












For drier and less maintenance containers,
this cacti container we saw at the Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix, USA, will do a fine job!















The Annex, Toronto





This ever green container with impatients still looked strong and healthy during our mild Canadian autumn in downtown Toronto.










Edwards Garden, Toronto






This autumn container with colourful fall flowers and ornamental cabbages welcome visitors to Edwards Garden in Toronto!






St. Jacobs, Waterloo region, Ontario




R.T.
Toronto
 Ontario

No comments:

Post a Comment