Wednesday 27 March 2013

San Fransisco - A Top Tourist Destination in the World

San Fransisco - One of the Top Tourist Destinations in the World
Hello from the west coast!

I took the red eye flight to San Francisco and arrived in the city shortly after 9a.m. local time.

I met up with Eric and took a cab to the hotel down at Fishman's Wharf. It was too early for us to check in but we could deposited our luggage at the hotel storage.

We were free of our luggage and were able to start our adventure in the city.




Sculptures near the Embarcadero Centre
 We visited San Fransisco during the Christmas holiday in 1996 and this is the first time we are back for another visit. Funny, I could not remember much our last visit as our stay in the city was not too long.

This time I am doing a lot of walking tour on my own and am seeing a lot that I did not see in our last visit.
Since our hotel is only a stone throw away from the Fishman's Wharf, the waterfront area, I could walk there easily.

There are a lot of interesting buildings, sculptures and monuments to admire and lots of activities happening by the waterfront.





I always love the wide street lined with palm trees
in southern U.S.A.

This is the Ferry Building with the clock tower in the background.

The waterfront area is a busy place with a number of piers, shops, and numerous restaurants



A street musician playing by the waterfront



I enjoyed the street musician performing in the plaza the say I was there.  With his speakers blasting the music, this street musician was playing my most favourite song -Micheal Jackson's Billy Jean!!

Great music performance, I could have stood there or take a rest and sit on the steps of the square all day and listened to his music.
The Abraham Lincoln Brigade Memorial


The Ferry Building - San Fransisco Waterfront





San Fransisco is a city full of history, music, culture, arts and sculptures. It is a great place for photographers!


The Abraham Lincoln Brigade Memorial honouring those who fought in the Spanish War and the huge fountain in the|Justin Herman Plaza located opposite the Ferry Building at the waterfront.

The fountain in |Justin Herman Plaza opposite the Ferry Building





 San Fransisco is one of the top tourist destinations in the world!  I could see and feel the energy, the beauty and excitement of the city already.

 I am really looking forward to exploring the city, learning about its history and visiting its many points of interest in the next few days!


R.T.
San Fransisco, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment