Tuesday 15 January 2013

My PR and Most Favourite Exercise - Barbell Back Squat

I was put through exercises such as this for my assessment
I have been with my personal trainer since April, 2012. Today was the last day of my personal training sessions for 2012 program.

Joyce,  my personal training did a thorough assessment for me and we spent an hour doing various exercises to find out what was my PR - personal record for both my upper and lower body strengths as well as figuring the total number of inches and amount of body fat I have lost since I started my fitness program.

Back Squat - One of my Most Favorite Wt. Exercise

I was happy to find out that I have shed 7lbs of body fat and reduced many inches on various parts of my body. I could have told Joyce the inches I have lost without her measuring me at all.

My clothes fit me so much better than before. We went to a party last weekend and I was able to wear a beautiful party top which I was not able to wear for the past 5-6 years because it was just too tight. I wore it to the party and I looked great last Saturday!


I found out that my PR for lower body strength was 110 lbs when I did the barbell back squat. However, my upper body strength is only about 40% of my body weight and needs a lot of work.

I love working with weight and particularly locking out and lifting it. I feel so empowered when I could lift weight and this weight exercises have helped me to regain my strength and enable me to do many things which I had problems doing before in everyday living.

Make Sure You Learn the Proper Form As to Avoid Injury

I heard before that as we age, " We must make daily exercise a part of our life. Exercise is not an option but a must. " I did not know the meaning and how true this is before.

Now I have learned and experienced the truth. I will keep going and spend my time and resources on exercise program so that I would be able to lead a healthy, happy and independent life.

R.T. Toronto

No comments:

Post a Comment